- Use your strategic relationship and influencing skills with Australia's top tier leaders in their sectors
- Implement the major donor fundraising strategy for the world's leading human rights organisation
- Immediate start available, full-time permanent opportunity based in Sydney
Amnesty International Australia (AIA) currently has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Philanthropy Manager. This full-time permanent position is immediately available and will be based in our Sydney Action Centre.
As a member of the Philanthropy team, this is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your fundraising expertise in the world's leading human rights organisation and help deliver Amnesty Australia's ambitious 2020 Vision.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven ability and track record of inspiring philanthropists to donate large major gifts and in managing high-level relationships
- A results oriented attitude, with demonstrated experience in developing a gift plan and achieving targets
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Proven multi-tasking, planning and organisational skills
- A passion for human rights
In return, you will be rewarded with a flexible, caring, family friendly working environment with the opportunity to work alongside committed and enthusiastic individuals dedicated to achieving change in the world.
Amnesty International Australia welcomes applications from people with diverse experience including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from different cultural backgrounds.
To learn more about this role, please view a detailed Position Description.
If this role sounds like you please apply below by answering a few short questions relating to the selection criteria, and attach your cover letter and CV.
Applications close 9am Monday 26 February 2018.
Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We stand for equality, justice, freedom, and human dignity and uphold these values:
- Empowerment - we build people power
- Persistence - we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
- Integrity - we hold ourselves to the highest standards
- Courage - we are fearless in upholding human rights