Sydney, Melbourne (Open to other locations for the right candidate)
- Build relationships with truly inspiring donors
- Responsible for a program that will have a huge impact on human rights globally
- Attractive employment benefits within a flexible family friendly environment
- Would suit candidates from a Philanthropy, Estate Planning, Bequest or Fundraising background
Are you a creative and strategic team player who is passionate about human rights? Amnesty International Australia (AIA) has an exciting position available for a Bequest Specialist. This permanent position is available on a Full Time or Part Time basis, and will be based in our Sydney or Melbourne Action Centre.
This crucial role is responsible for:
Relationship Building: Plan, develop and implement individualised stewardship plans to inspire long-term relationships with Amnesty International. Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective bequestors, executors and trustees.
Donor Pipeline: Create and implement innovative activities to drive and grow the bequest program. Create integrated bequest marketing opportunities across multiple fundraising channels. Work with relevant teams to identify, steward and engage prospective bequestors.
Estate Administration: Liaise with solicitors and other third parties to ensure the effective and timely administration of estates, and the keeping of accurate documentation.
Event Management & Marketing Materials: Work closely with the Philanthropy team to plan and implement Donor events across Australia. Coordinate phone, direct mail, online and other activities associated with acquisition and retention of bequest supporters.
Your success in the role will be underpinned by your empathetic and engaging nature, effective communication and attention to detail. Working with colleagues from across the global movement, you will create engaging materials that inspire donors, whose legacy will fund human rights work far into the future.
Skills & attributes
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) ideally with experience in a not-for-profit environment, and be comfortable engaging over the phone
- Knowledge of the bequest fundraising market and the processes involved in how to leave a bequest
- Initiative and the ability to work proactively in an autonomous role
- High levels of empathy and compassion
- Previous experience in a similar bequests role (desirable)
- Strong relationship development and stewardship skills
- Familiar with other marketing and fundraising areas
- Ability to explain the need for, and benefits of bequests in a clear and compelling manner
- Understand the needs and priorities of the organisation and possess a drive to achieve growth targets
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to and passion for the mission and vision of Amnesty International Australia
In return, you will be rewarded with a flexible, caring, family friendly working environment with the opportunity to work alongside committed and enthusiastic individuals dedicated to achieving change in the world.
Amnesty International Australia welcomes applications from people with diverse experience including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from different cultural backgrounds.
If this role sounds like you please apply below by answering a few short questions relating to the selection criteria, and attach your cover letter and CV. Applications close 9am 30th May 2018.
Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We stand for equality, justice, freedom, and human dignity and uphold these values:
- Empowerment - we build people power
- Persistence - we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
- Integrity - we hold ourselves to the highest standards
- Courage - we are fearless in upholding human rights