Philanthropy Development Coordinator - Mid Donor
Sydney, (Open to Melbourne for the right candidate)
- Develop and grow one of the key donor portfolios for the world's leading human rights organisation
- Attractive employment benefits within a flexible family friendly environment
- Immediate start available, full-time permanent opportunity based in Sydney (Melbourne would be considered for the right candidate)
Are you an entrepreneurial, relationship builder who is passionate about human rights?
Amnesty International Australia currently has an exciting position available for a Philanthropy Development Coordinator based in our Sydney Action Centre.
As a key member of the Fundraising Team, you will identify new and innovative ways of deepening engagement and soliciting further income from our mid tier philanthropic donors (giving up to $10,000 annually). Working closely with the Philanthropy team, you will transform them into the next generation of strong committed major donors.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Experience in coordinating fundraising or relationship based programs (or similar) and proven success in donor/customer cultivation and stewardship
- Proven high level ability in formulating a strategic plan and action plan
- Experience in relationship management techniques including successfully ‘making the ask’
- Ability to establish and monitor budgets.
- Demonstrated ability in creating compelling donor proposals and stories
- Demonstrated ability in using data and segmentation to tailor communications, prospecting and delivery against target.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to network, inspire others and build relationships with a variety of people including high net worth individuals and senior management.
- A professional, entrepreneurial and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Commitment to and passion for the mission and vision of Amnesty International Australia.
In return, you will be rewarded with a flexible, caring, family friendly working environment with the opportunity to work on an identified growth area alongside committed and enthusiastic individuals dedicated to achieving change in the world.
Amnesty International Australia welcomes applications from people with diverse experience including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from different cultural backgrounds.
To learn more about this role, please view a detailed Position Description.
If this role sounds like you please apply below by answering a few short questions relating to the selection criteria, and attach your cover letter and CV. Applications close 9am Wednesday, 18 April 2017.
Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We stand for equality, justice, freedom, and human dignity and uphold these values:
- Empowerment - we build people power
- Persistence - we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
- Integrity - we hold ourselves to the highest standards
- Courage - we are fearless in upholding human rights