Information Systems Manager
- Lead a highly engaged multi-disciplinary team
- Develop and implement the strategic direction for Information Systems
- Immediate start available
Are you a natural people leader who can provide strategic leadership to a diverse team to deliver key project outcomes? We are currently looking for an Information Systems Manager who is able to drive long term strategy and ensure that infrastructure, technology, systems and data are all meeting the business needs: now and in the future.
Amnesty International is an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We're ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion. We're independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. To do this, we mobilise people, campaign, conduct research and raise money for our work.
At the Australian arm of Amnesty International we are focused on campaigns to improve Indigenous rights, protect and defend the rights of refugees and supporting our priority global campaigns.
In this role you will
- Lead, motivate, manage and develop 9 direct reports plus volunteers and fixed term contract roles. Drive a highly engaged and service orientated culture.
- Ensure delivery of technology services to a diverse user base in order to enable and empower all levels of our organisation in achieving our 2020 Vision. Develop longer term strategy and plans for the Information Systems area, and set and manage annual plan and budget.
- Protect our Information Systems by taking a proactive stance on security and compliance to - including making sure our human rights research and work is conducted in a secure environment
- Manage the organisation's data and data services, including ongoing analysis to drive improved outcomes and maintenance of data hygeine
- Develop and maintain disaster recover and business continuity plans as well as relevant IT policy and procedures
- Support the Supporter Relations Management project, including providing expert advice and ensuring team engagement and alignment to proposed solution
- Secure and manage external service providers, including negotiating contracts and agreements
Benefits and Culture
In return, you will be rewarded with flexible working conditions, a fantastic office environment, and the knowledge that you will be working for an organisation committed to making a difference. To view some of the fantastic benefits that you will be offered as an employee, please visit our website.
If this role sounds like you please apply below by answering a few short questions relating to the selection criteria for this role, and attach your cover letter and CV by 9am 31 July 2017